When does language-selector run?

dg1727 dg1727 at hushmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:30:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

In http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1984949 I wrote:

---
In reference to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-
selector/+bug/893920

That bug was fixed in 12.04 Precise, which I haven't upgraded to
yet.

The resolution to that bug is that language-selector now always
installs the poppler-data package.

Does language-selector run always, or only sometimes, in these
conditions:

    * on an upgrade from an older version of Ubuntu (such as
11.10)?
    * on a fresh install of 12.04?

---

Does anyone have an answer to that question?

I ask to double-check whether there is a case in which poppler-data
might not get installed with Evince during an OS install.  (This
applies to network-connected installs only, because the history of
that Launchpad bug report already states that poppler-data doesn't
fit on install CDs).

Thanks for comments.

-dg1727