Conky problem

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Tue Jul 3 08:58:49 UTC 2012

Hi All

For more than a year I have been using the same conky scripts for
displaying information about my system.
I use the Conky-ubuntu-lua/clock_rings.lua script and I now get the
error message:

Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_clock_rings execution failed:
/home/amuls/.conky/Conky-ubuntu-lua/clock_rings.lua:315: attempt to
perform arithmetic on local 'value' (a nil value)

It is in the following part of the script:

function conky_clock_rings()
    local function setup_rings(cr,pt)
        local str=''
        local value=0

        str=string.format('${%s %s}',pt['name'],pt['arg'])
        str=conky_parse(str)

        value=tonumber(str)
        pct=value/pt['max']

        draw_ring(cr,pct,pt)
    end

What changed so that I now get the error?

tx/Alain