VHS to computer save query

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 05:42:43 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 05:24 PM, Nick Bikkal wrote:
> Dave,
>> This doesn't answer your question, but:-
>>
>> If your tapes are of commercial origin, more and more old stuff is being
>> "digitally remastered" from the original tapes and is available through
>> e.g. Amazon. For instance, I'm sure I looked several times in the past
>> but could not find a of DVD "Dune" - the version with Patrick Stewart
>> and Sting, but it is now available. Also bought "Two Mules for Sister
>> Sara" and "Chato's Land". For the few quid they cost it's not worth
>> messing around trying to convert them yourself IMHO. Also, at long last,
>> got a copy of "Back and Fourth" by Lindisfarne on a 2012 remastered CD.
>>
> Man, are we talking old movies!

Oh! The poor Krell! Monsters from the id! I had to wonder just how a
stumble down drunk cook made the crew roster for inter-planetary travel.
I've just finished watching "Forbidden Planet", remastered on DVD and
caught this thread! I found the entire "Victory at Sea" collection at
Wal Mart, in a 2 DVD set for $5. Found "Malcom X" yesterday in the very
same $5 pile. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html