Can't open Banshee in GUI

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Sun Jan 29 23:59:24 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 06:48:03PM -0500, jimmckenzie at earthlink.net wrote:
> I have an odd problem.  I can't open Banshee from the GUI. I can open as SUDO
> from the Command Line just fine but the GUI is a no go.

I'm not sure you are supposed to use sudo with it. Why would you?

> I don't know where any diagnostic infos are to be posted on this list.
<snip>

I think the best starting point would be to try open it in a terminal, without
using sudo.

But generally, GUI apps errors are written to $HOME/.xsession-errors . Beware,
the file _can_ be huge, so it might be easier to have a peek at it from the tail
end, with for instance `tail -n 10 ~/.xsession-errors`

--
Jaska