update ruby

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:44:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:10:49 +0000, Colin Law wrote:

> I have just realised that this post is on the Ubuntu list not the Ruby
> on Rails list.  However whether you are using Rails or not, if you are
> using gems then the argument for rvm still applies I believe.
>
> Colin

no worries. I saw rvm but wasn't sure about using it, I like to keep
within the package manager where possible.  In fact, one reason I
switched from Fedora to Ubuntu was the way each (used to) handle the Sun
JVM.  I suppose the ?jpackage? or whatever fedora used to have has its
place.  Too bad.

Thanks for the info :)