Unexpected Firefox Software Installation for Language Packs

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 23 04:38:45 UTC 2012

On 23/01/12 15:27, scar wrote:
> Ric Moore @ 01/21/2012 02:44 PM:
>> On 01/21/2012 03:36 AM, scar wrote:
>>> After not getting anywhere i just deleted the extensions in
>>> /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24/extensions but now today i am getting the same
>>> popup about installing the language pack extensions.  Firefox is still
>>> 3.6.24 so this seems very fishy to me... why have the language pack
>>> add-ons reappeared in /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24/extensions?
>> Please don't top post. Thanx, Ric
>>
> I'm sorry Mr Moore. Please forgive me.  Having been around for some
> decades, i'm well aware of newsgroup etiquette.  Must have slipped my mind.
>
> Perhaps you could have also provided something useful with your post
> instead of wasting everyone's time?

In much the same manner as you, the kettle, are now calling the pot black.

If you don't see the irony in your post then there is little hope for
you for the future.

BC

--
No one new to power has ever disarmed his subjects; on the contrary, finding them disarmed new rulers have always armed them.
                   Niccolo Machiavelli