Youtube/Firefox Foulup??

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:15:21 UTC 2012

On 20 January 2012 19:23, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

> So does this mean if you have flash enabled you can't watch H.264?

To be honest, I am not sure. I found out about this trick via a tip
for PowerPC Mac users - Adobe Flash is no longer supported for PowerPC
Macs, so users of the back-ported Firefox (TenFourFox) can't use Flash
so can't watch YouTube. This H.264 thing is a work-around.

More info here:
http://code.google.com/p/tenfourfox/wiki/PluginsNoLongerSupported

> I don't watch that many Youtube videos but have never had a problem there.
> I'm curious because I have had the OP's problem on other sites. Yahoo and
> ABC News come to mind.

I don't know about those 2 in specific, but I have met quite a few
video-embedding sites which seem just not to work on Linux. It is
getting rarer but it is not unheard-of, even now.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884