Unexpected Firefox Software Installation for Language Packs

scar scar at drigon.com
Sat Jan 21 08:36:06 UTC 2012

After not getting anywhere i just deleted the extensions in
/usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24/extensions but now today i am getting the same
popup about installing the language pack extensions.  Firefox is still
3.6.24 so this seems very fishy to me... why have the language pack
add-ons reappeared in /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24/extensions?

scar @ 12/29/2011 05:16 PM: