Unable to play Soundcloud audio streams on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 21 01:03:36 UTC 2012

On 21/01/12 08:43, sdavmor wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 09:31 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> It's helpful if you provide a link, the version of Firefox (this is
>>> Firefox isn't it>), addons installed etc...
>>>
>>> Anyway:
>>> http://soundcloud.com/tracks
>>> works here.
>>
>> Same here - but only if you allow couple of sites which are blocked by
>> NoScript, if you are using this security extension for Firefox.
>>
>> BC
>
> Ah!  I am using NoScript.  I shall dig deeper there and see what turns
> up.

The other thing, allow a little time when you first select to play a
track because it took a while here for the first one to start playing.
But this probably depends on how fast your internet connection is
because it seems that nothing will happen until the site loads all the
little icons at the bottom of each track and when I was trying this out
I had a VERY slow connection (some problem upstream from my ISP).

BC

--
It is in the nature of things that every time you try to avoid one danger you run into another.
                            Niccolo Machiavelli