Installing Oracle Java 7 JDK using a ppa

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 20:20:04 UTC 2012

I figured I'd start a new thread so other's can pick up on this.
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/install-oracle-java-jdk-7-in-ubuntu-via.html

It doesn't directly contain that Java 7 package, but provides a package
that will install it from Oracle and correctly configure alternatives.
Works like a CHARM! It did the complete install before I knew it, just
by installing the .deb package. I highly recommend Java 7 as it seems to
deal with multicores when Java 6 would dump it's entire load on the
first CPU. Enjoy! Ric