[slightly OT] Libreoffice calc errors

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:15:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 15:09, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 11:59 AM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
>> Hi all, does anyone know how to fix an "!NUM#" error in Libreoffice
>> Calc? all the help files say is that it's a 503 error, defined as
>> "Invalid floating point operation: A calculation results in an
>> overflow of the defined value range." any help in the matter would be
>> greatly appreciated, as I need this working for tomorrow. I can
>> provide the equations I'm using if it helps. thanks!
>
> Your best bet for getting a detailed answer is to subscribe to the
> libreoffice user list:
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/
> and ask there.

And at the very least, don't go there asking that question without
actually telling people what failing calculation is... :/ and maybe
some sample data.

That's like me asking "Hey, can you help me debug my python program?"
without actually telling anyone what my program is, what it does, or
showing them the code.