fresh install ---blooming DVD drive not recognized AGAIN <SOLVED> now broken again.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:09:04 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 11:56 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 18/01/12 12:50, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> ----
>>> for many years now, the proper way is to use 'cable select' (CS) on all
>>> ATA/IDE devices and let the cable/controller work it out (end is master,
>>> inside is slave). Many BIOS/devices will fail if you try to determine
>>> via the jumpers (master/slave). Just set everything to CS.
>>

>> I'm old and in need of being shot.
>
> I forgot to add in my other response that I am older than you and I am
> only 39 so how can you be "old"? 8-)

I'm only 20 something up here <taps noggin> Physically I'm 61. Or 62, I
ferget. I don't care to keep count anymore. I'll kill Space Aliens for a
bit and see what anyone comes up with. I'm automounting data cd's and
dvd's just fine. CD's will play audio. I am completely updated and
running 11.10 xubuntu. It's gonna rain tomorrow, so I can stay up and
just re-install. If ASUS would get my MB back to me, this most likely
wouldn't be an issue. But, then I wouldn't LEARN anything either. :) Ric