video problems in Ubuntu

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 17 14:44:18 UTC 2012

Basil,  I have 16 videos on youtube and have made about 10 or15 others
that had copywrited material so could not on line or use publicly. I
have downloaded others from  the same Internet archives site and used
clu ips that I made from them.  They are all either creative commons  or
in the public  domain.  I have some know how with video editing but this
is the first time I have run into this problem. It is my understanding
that when you use up all youre memory that the the software can start
using the hard drive as memory.  Does this have to be enabled? How can I
check to see if it is enabled.  If I can find out if this is happening I
can buy more memory and Install it. My machinery is pretty old so I am
wondering if there is a limit on how much memory it can use. How can I
find that out.   These questions I am being asked are very helpful.
          Thanks Doug