exec command

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 13:40:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM, CJ Tres <ctres at grics.net> wrote:

> Thanks Colin, this helps.
>
> Don't know if it's true but years ago I read somewhere that man pages are
> written by developers for developers.
> I started reading man find, trying to locate what was relevant to my
> application and was quickly overwhelmed - never-mind 1500 + lines.
>
> Makes me feel deficient when I see "read the man page" everywhere as if it
> should make everything clear and I often end up more confused after reading
> them.
> Maybe if I dug into shell scripting it would help.
>
> I feel as if I was trying to understand all aspects of how an automatic
> transmission operates so I can drive a car... still I continue to slog
> through them when I have the time.

The man/info pages cover all the arguments functionality of an
installed executable file. You use only the arguments you need to. If
you want "only to drive the car", as all do, you can just use a
graphical environment like GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc..

You don't have to search for files via command line "find".

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com