How To install nvidia drivers on Dell XPS L502X in Ubuntu 11.10?

Rigved Rakshit r.phate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:44:21 UTC 2012

> I had purchased Dell XPS L502x with windows 7 64-bit. recently i installed
> Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit on it. But i'm unable to use 3d accelration on it. i
> had already installed nvidia drivers using additional driver support in
> ubuntu. But still not working. i had downloaded Nvidia drivers for my
> Nvidia geforce gt 540m card and tried to follow other available tutorials
> but still unable to install it. can anyone help me please?

Please mention why you think that 3D acceleration is not working? To test
if you have 3D acceleration, you should install Compiz Config Settings
Manager and turn on a few Effects like Wobbly windows etc.

Also, is this a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10? In any case, make sure that
you have the linux-headers package for the corresponding linux-image
package version that you have...

Best Regards,
Rigved Rakshit