software that supports nook downloads - is there any?

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 20:40:04 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I purchased a pair of Nook 1st Editions over the holidays.  I like them!
>
> I then tried to down load a book from my library only to discover that
> nook does not directly download e-books but must use a package that is
> installed on a PC. YEP! you guessed it it ONLY WORKS with WINDOWS or Mac
> systems.
>
> Spoke with the folks at Barnes & Noble and they said to install Adobe
> Digital Editions software to fix the problem. When I tried that Adobe says
> my system is not supported... It also reports that my version of Firefox is
> old and suggests getting a free upgrade but that fails to install properly..
>
> Has anyone been able to download a book from their public library to their
> nook? If so, please enlighten me as to how I should proceed.
>
> Other ideas/alternatives appreciated.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04-3 LTS and it is up to date.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
> --
>

> Jay Ridgley
> jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
> Registered Linux User ID - 9115
> https://linuxcounter.net/cert/**9115.png<https://linuxcounter.net/cert/9115.png>
> Registered Ubuntu User ID - 23320

A quick Google search brings this up:
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Study-for-Students/NOOKstudy-on-Linux/td-p/601899

--
"If there is anything that can divert the land of my birth from its current
stampede into the Stone Age, it is the widespread dissemination of the

<http://linuxcounter.net/cert/544489.png>