Ctrl-alt-backspace

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 6 17:27:36 UTC 2012

On 01/06/2012 08:20 AM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 06/01/12 12:42, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>> It sounds as if the problem is that a basic and well-used option has
>> been removed and the OP wants it back.
>>

> The question was to discover why someone feels the need to kill their
> desktop. As far as I can see it's only 'well used' by people who have
> some other issue with their system. Perhaps a video driver that goes
> haywire, or an app that misbehaves when setting resolution.
>
> Perhaps there's an underlying nut-sized problem which could do with
> addressing rather than using the hammer to crack it.
>
> Al.
	True, but what about the possibility that he just wants it available,
just in case?

	Anyway, here's how I got it back.
Hit the Windows key
Type layout
Click on Keyboard layout
Go to the Layouts tab, click on Options.
In about the middle is the option for Key Sequence to Kill the X server.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

  - from some guy on the internet.