Ctrl-alt-backspace

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 6 17:15:43 UTC 2012

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:33:24 +0000
Alan Pope wrote:

> On 04/01/12 21:06, R Kimber wrote:
> > How do I get it to be permanent?  I tried looking for a setting in the
> > menu system, but couldn't find one.  I'm using Xubuntu 11.10
> >

> What's the real problem you're trying to solve here? i.e. why do you
> want to be able to kill the desktop with a keyboard shortcut?

With 11.10 the machine is freezing quite a lot more than than previously.
I suspect that this might be a video issue and, as a start in looking for
the cause, I thought it would be useful to see if re-starting the Xserver
in that manner had any effect, assuming the keyboard wasn't also locked.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources