Ctrl-alt-backspace

Alan Pope alan at canonical.com
Fri Jan 6 13:20:51 UTC 2012

On 06/01/12 12:42, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> It sounds as if the problem is that a basic and well-used option has
> been removed and the OP wants it back.

The question was to discover why someone feels the need to kill their
desktop. As far as I can see it's only 'well used' by people who have
some other issue with their system. Perhaps a video driver that goes
haywire, or an app that misbehaves when setting resolution.

Perhaps there's an underlying nut-sized problem which could do with
addressing rather than using the hammer to crack it.

Al.