Porting issue from 32-bit to 64 bit

Shashank Ghoti shashank.ghoti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:47:13 UTC 2012

Thanks guys.

We verified the compiler time flags. It seems OK. We created a
separate program and complie with the same flags then the behavior is
as expected i.e.,  Proper memory is allocated (shown outside the
class) and same is shown for this pointer(inside the class).
We have used "ldd" to verify the libraries which seems OK to us.

Can you please suggest any other way to verify the wrong libraries
being used?  Is there any flag which must be used for 64 bit
compilation?

This is the GCC version, we are using.

$ g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit
--disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-libgcj-multifile
--enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada
--enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --disable-plugin
--with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jre
--with-cpu=generic --host=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51)