touch pad dies

G. pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:44:01 UTC 2012

On Unbuntu 11.10, the touch pad stops working sometimes.  This happens
with the laptop closed about 50% of the time.  I had it happen once or
twice with Firefox or another application running.  This is probably
not related, but when I am typing the cursor moves to different places
on the screen.  Say I am typing in the subject field in an email,  It
will sometimes fly into the To field or into the body of the email.
It will sometimes highlight whole areas of text and as I am continuing
to type those areas are deleted.  This does not happen if I turn off
the touch pad.  I have slowed down the touch pad to try to prevent
this from happening to no avail.

I am using a Samsung Netbook N110.

I do not know what other info you might need.  Please advise.

Thanks

garyk