Unity Interface sucks, Any alternatives

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Jan 2 18:16:34 UTC 2012

On 01/02/2012 11:26 AM, compdoc wrote:
>>  I just hate Unity interfaces, is there any way to revert back to Old
> Ununtu interfaces ?
>
> **
>
> There was an article today about the Unity interface, and about Gnome 3.
> The next LTS release of Ubuntu will be supported for 5 years instead of
> the normal 3 years.
>
> This may be the last desktop release of Ubuntu. They feel that tablets
> and phones are the future. Since I use Ubuntu Desktop for my servers,
> this is unwelcome news.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/02/linux_in_2011/

I just cannot imagine a tablet taking the place of a desktop. I know a
lot of people are now using a laptop in place of a desktop but recent
laptops are getting larger and faster. I like the idea of a tablet for
things like reading eBooks but for my money they just aren't a
replacement for a netbook, laptop or desktop. Instead of a tablet I
bought a combo computer, a Dell Inspiron Duo. It's part tablet and part
netbook.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the  people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick  Henry -