root user

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:09:19 UTC 2012

2012/1/1 doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net>:
> On 01/01/2012 03:38 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> 2012/1/1 doug<dmcgarrett at optonline.net>:
>>
>> The password is ”in effect” for some time (I though it was 15 minutes, but
>> that doesn't matter much), but you still have to type ”sudo” for every
>> command, it's just that you are only asked for the password the first time.
>> Example (UTF-8 is required to read this properly): $ sudo command↵ Password:
>> ··············↵ Command executed, OK. $ sudo another_command↵ Command
>> executed, OK. $ command↵ You need to be root to run this command. $ sudo !!↵
>> sudo command Command executed, OK. 20 minutes later… $ sudo command↵
>> Password: ··············↵ Command executed, OK. $ sudo command↵ Command
>> executed, OK. …and so on… (↵ means the Enter key and those dots, ”·”,
>> symbolise your entered password). Kind regards Johnny Rosenberg ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
>>>
>>>  I used to
>>> have sudo in pclos, bu the more recent releases have
>>> made it impossible.  I found it was very useful, and I
>>> never corrupted my system using it.  (I have corrupted
>>> my system trying to get it back!)
>>>

>>> --doug
>
> Thank you.  It's been awhile since I had sudo working, so I forgot.
> OT: how did you make the carriage return sign?

I made my own keyboard layout… I have it on AltGr+Enter. The Unicode
is 21B5, so another way is to type Ctrl+Shift+u 21b5 Enter (or just
continue typing). THis doesn't work everywhere, though. For instance
in my web browser (Opera). The ”Opera way” is, instead: 21b5
Ctrl+Shift+x.

”U+21B5 DOWNWARDS ARROW WITH CORNER LEFTWARDS – may indicate a
carriage return or new line”.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

And by the way, my signature is made with AutoKey.