ubuntu script failure

Edward avanti edward.avanti at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 12:54:19 UTC 2012

Halo,
Does anyone else find if they call the multi option from ubuntu sh script
it fails?

For instance

mkdir -p
/var/log/system_archives/{acpid,auth,btmp,daemon,dpkg,kernel,messages,pm,ppp,scrollkeeper,wpa,wtmp}/$YEAR
upon checking this made a directory called
/var/log/system_archives//{acpid,auth,btmp,daemon,dpkg,kernel,messages,pm,ppp,scrollkeeper,wpa,wtmp}/2012

if I run this from my shell manually, it works

this same script I use on all my servers, centos, gentoo, slackware, on
those it works as intended,. but on ubuntu  it goes stupid not honouring
the {}