Creating a new ARM/AVR platform

Richard Owlett rowlett at pcnetinc.com
Wed Feb 29 17:16:54 UTC 2012

Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> On 29 Feb 2012, at 16:18, Richard Owlett wrote quite a lot

Who me, long winded ;/

> So would you be recommending we add custom hardware to an existing
> linux-running development board?

Definitely should be considered!

You want to spend your effort on what you are the expert.
Why reinvent wheels or fire?

Your original post said "My company is seeking to create a
monitoring *DEVICE* ..." (emphasis added).

You then went on to describe creating a complete *SYSTEM* -
hardware AND software.
The replies you receive will continue to be very general as
you said nothing of what you are trying to accomplish. All
you have said could apply equally well to "monitoring a
complete nuclear power plant" to a portable device to record
one's pulse.