Creating a new ARM/AVR platform

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:58:42 UTC 2012

On 29 February 2012 14:45, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was more the information I was looking for, how to tell the
> kernal/debian/ubuntu about the specifics of the motherboard, how to use the
> graphics/ram, etc

May I suggest you post in text, not HTML? That way multi-level quoting works.

TBH, I am not sure of the best place to start asking about moving
ARM/Linux to a specific platform.

I would think some key questions would be:
* Do you already have a reference platform or are you building your own?
* Have you chosen the chipset, componentry etc.?
* Failing that, are you going with COTS hardware?
* What distro do you want to use?

If you were using a reference platform or COTS and, say, talking about
Debian/ARM, I'd ask on the Debian developers' list.

If you were looking at a whole new bespoke platform, then perhaps the LKML.

Does that help at all?

I'd need to know more specifics if you wanted more detailed info. I
understand that there might be issues of confidentiality but you'll
have to sort out internally what you can & can't disclose and talk
about if you want to get guidance and info from any public fora, not
just this mailing list.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884