How to get 2 interelated mind mapping packages into the Ubuntu repository?

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 14:02:03 UTC 2012

Hello Everybody,

There are two, now closely interelated mind map packages, I would like to get
into the Ubuntu repository:
Freeplane, http://bit.ly/zfRbh8
Docear, http://www.docear.org/software/details/
From Freeplane, there is at this moment version 1.1.1. in the repository. Now,
version 1.1.3. is the latest stable version - I would like to see that one in
the repository.
As far as I know, Docear 1.0 Beta 1 is the latest version of Docear.
Freeplane is getting integrated now into Docear. More info on this: see the
two pages cited above. However it may be, I cannot find (yet?) Docear in the
repository. Are there any plans to get Docear into the repository?
What can I do to help getting Freeplane 1.1.3. and Docear 1.0 Beta 1 into the
repository?
Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

--