Automount of USB drives not working

Zind wzmindlog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:56:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> I've just discovered that automounting of USB drives isn't working on my
> xubuntu 11.10 system.
>
> I can see the device with lsusb:-
>
>    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0951:1607 Kingston Technology DataTraveler 100
>
> but no sign of it automounting.
>
> The "Mount removable drives when hot-plugged" setting is ticked and it
> always used to work (though I'm not absolutely sure it has worked
> since  I upgraded to 11.10).
>
> Any ideas?

Well,
IMO, it may be a matter of your USB drive.
Linux may not recognize some kinds of file system format, for example, if
you USB drive is formatted to be used as a Windows PE boot disc.
Does your USB drive work properly before the upgrade? Do you change the
file system format of your USB drive?
Myabe you can try your USB drive on another Linux OS machine and see
whether your USB drive can be mounted automatically.