Voice recognition. Was: The New Face of Ubuntu

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 23 12:08:40 UTC 2012

On 22/02/12 20:45, Alan Pope wrote:

> On 22/02/12 09:40, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> Okey-dokey.... Let's start the ball rolling....
>>
>> What software is or would be required to have Ubuntu to be
>> operated using voice recognition software, and would such software
>> be capable of manipulating and editing images (in the broadest
>> meaning of these operations) using, for example,  Gimp?
>>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility#Voice_Recognition
>
> Cheers,
> - --
> Alan Pope
> Engineering Manager

Thanks Alan but I would still like to see at least a demonstration of
how one can draw a line around a human figure, for example, and then cut
it out as a separate layer for transfer to another layer. Or even select
a tiny area (4x4 pixels) on a picture for the colour and then use this
colour to be applied to another area.

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
              Niccolo Machiavelli