Plugged in subwoofer and lost all sound

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 21 00:05:56 UTC 2012

On 21/02/12 09:24, Wade Smart wrote:

[pruned]

> The only thing muted is Line in, Mic, Mic Boos, Beep,
> Aux, Capture, Capture.
>
> Ive unmuted them all and still, no sound - from the bass.
>
> There is no channel though.
>
>  From the left to right:
> Maser, PCM, Front, Surround, Center, LFE, Side,
> Line, Mic, Mic Boos, Beep , Aux, Capture, Capture.
>
> There are three tabs at the top: Realtek ALC888,
> USB Mixer, ATI R6xx HDMI.
>
> On the sub itself, there is no on button, no volume
> button. On the left side is the power cord and three
> plugins. Left, Right&  Input. The left plug looks like a small
> RCA plug, the Right looks like a svideo plug and Input
> has the green audio cable plugged into it.
>
> I still cant start pavucontrol without it crashing and
> removing all sound.

A suggestion for the future.

Should you have to describe something like this again, install
Screenshot (or similar). Take a screenshot of the whole screen or part
of it, whatever, and upload the grab(s) on www.picpaste.com and post the
link(s) to the pic(s) here. Then everybody can see exactly what you are
trying to see.

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
              Niccolo Machiavelli