IM client compatible with MS Lync?

Mark Widdicombe markwiddicombe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:49:12 UTC 2012

Good day all,

My company has a new communications policy in terms of which we are
required to use MS Lync instead of email for office communication.
I've been trying to get a client to work in Ububtu 10.04, but without
success.  Empathy does not have the option for office communicator
client and I keep getting a "Wrong password" error when trying to
connect with Pidgen, despite having configured it according to
instructions.  Has anyone on the list managed to successfully connect
to MS Lync?  And if so, how?

Regards,
Mark Widdicombe