Jockey says that my Nvidia driver supports desktop effects but changes to compiz don't take effect

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 00:59:48 UTC 2012

2012/2/12 ahmed samir <samiros99 at hotmail.com>:
> When I run the nvidia-settings command a popup appears with the following
> : You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver.  Please edit your X
> configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X
> server.
> when I run sudo nvidia-xconfig that's what i get:
>  Using X configuration file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf".
> Backed up file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' as '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup'
> New X configuration file written to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'
>
> I am in desperate need of help. I don't have any desktop effects.

You have posted this twice, once with a huge amount of other stuff
tagged on the end, and not replied to my reply to you on the other
instance. Also, please learn to /bottom/ quote on mailing lists.

Try working through the guidance here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884