wireless disconnects ask authorization frequently again and again

Abhishek Dixit abhidixit87 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 07:16:37 UTC 2012

I have a problem where after getting connected to internet with a
little browsing activity I notice that my internet suddenly
disappears.The NetworkManager was asking me for authorisation every
few minutes, suggesting that it was losing the connection or something
similar. Initially thought it to be a driver issue so purged the
broadcom STA driver and installed b43 firmware.But the problem did not
go. So re installed the broadcom STA driver.This is my home based
broadband connection.

my specs

Ubuntu 11.10
 3.0.0-12-generic x86_64
 lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312
802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card [1028:000c]
    Kernel driver in use: wl

Some times after a reboot I can connect and some times I can not
connect.If connected to a wireless network after few minutes the a
window pops up asking to enter authorization again.Upon entering it
does not connects and this pop up comes 3-4 times.Then finally the
device becomes unusable.I have to finally reboot it.