pull off pen drive

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sat Feb 11 14:10:52 UTC 2012

William Alencar Barros wrote:
> I wish to know if - like in the Windows - we need to use some type of
> safety remove, to remove the pen drive, ipods, hd, etc. And if yes,
> where or the procedure to do it.

Yeah, it's common to all disk access means where you can write data to
the disk.

It varies slightly depending on which flavour of Ubuntu you're using,
but genrally there's an eject symbol (it looks a bit like an
underlined '^') next to the drive in the left pane of the file browser.
Clicking that will make it safe to remove.

--
Avi