mic stopped working

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:53:21 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 12:17 PM, G. wrote:

> Somehow I doubt I have a stereo mic.
>
> Today when i booted, the same problem occured.  I wondered if the
> cause is the external speaker I use.  It's a Logitech Z 305.  When I
> plugged it in just now however the mic was unaffected.  Any thoughts?
The your setting an pavucontrol should reflect that you have a
mono-mike. Just select that. The external speaker, how many speakers??
Just two or 4.0, 5.1, what?? Whichever, boot with it connected. Pulse
ain't all that great with hot-plugging. Select it in your configuration.
Should light up, but check it in alsamixer first. Ric