[OT] Ubuntu Should Be Forked!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:02:07 UTC 2012

On 01/31/2012 03:12 PM, Nolan wrote:
> On 01/31/2012 12:05 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
>> <snip>
>> I dunno, I am looking forward to having a voice enabled dialog with my
>> computer. After being *married 3 1/2 times*, it'll be nice to argue
>> with silicon-cold logic for a change. And, so far, it doesn't have an
>> attorney nor a claim on my real estate. Plus, I can always unplug it.
>> <chuckles> Ric
>>

> Soooo..
> Would you say that you are HIGH Maintenance? :-P

After 3 1/2 wives? No chance. I bought a second hand pressure cooker for
myself for the Holidays! <grins> Being High Maintenance with regards to
being a steer's rear end? I have to admit that.

But, making that new Hud work with voice?? That would be killer. Just
like Scotty, I'll be able to speak into my mouse (converted into a USB
microphone) and go "Computerrr?" "Oh, COMPUTERRR!" Think of all the
possibilities to train your computer to react to all the things you've
been saying to it for years. Speak an obscenity and it reboots, closing
down your spreadsheets, stock quotes and documents that you had open and
are now lost. Oh yeah, it'll be ON! Kinda like the Ex's. <grins> Ric