Looking for a replacement printer possibly HP Laserjet CP1525n

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Dec 29 13:46:32 UTC 2012

I was talking about this a few months ago, and now I'm getting towards
the end of my ink supply, so,

Does anybody here successfully use the CP1525n, please?

It's at the less expensive end of the range, I can get toner from
7dayshop, and the info I can see says that it does Postscript.

Given that it does Postscript, I can plug it into any old Linux system
and it should "Just Work" for printing documents, right? Or am I wrong?

The bit that worries me though, is that I'd still want to print from the
Gimp using Gutenprint but I can't see the printer mentioned in the list.

My printing system is a server running Ubuntu Server of course, with the
printer connected via USB so that any computer in the house can use CUPS
to print to it.