tainted display -

Evuraan evuraan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 01:13:53 UTC 2012

Please see screenshot, my display retains a section from an youtube
video played hours ago, and displays it on dark pixels. I call it
tainted display, as I don't know what else to call it,

http://evuraan.info/screenshots/images/tainted.png

I've seen this before once at least; a reboot, or restart of X did clear it.

Has anyone else seen this? What causes this? Any idea how I can clear
it w/o having to restart X or a reboot?

thanks!

Other specifics:

(1)
Information string: NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared Library  304.64  Tue
Oct 30 11:33:40 PDT 2012

(2)
ii  flashplugin-installer
11.2.202.258ubuntu0.10.04.1                           Adobe Flash
Player plugin installer
ii  flashplugin-nonfree
11.2.202.258ubuntu0.10.04.1                           Adobe Flash
Player plugin installer

(3)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G98 [GeForce
8400 GS] (rev a1)

(4)
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

(5)
2.6.32-40-generic

(6)
HDMI-0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 597mm x 336mm