nanosudo?

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 21:48:18 UTC 2012

Hi, all.

I've just spun up a 12.04 remote virtual machine & when I ran the visudo
command, it plonked me into nano. Whilst this is easy to fix (sudo
update-alternatives --config editor), I'm puzzled as to when this happened.

I know it happened on some of the Red Hat clones but it was duly
reported upstream as a bug & upstream confirmed it was bug.

Is it a bug on Ubuntu or is this behaviour now the default?

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,