Possible threat?

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Fri Dec 21 03:43:53 UTC 2012

Hello Tony,

Thursday, December 20, 2012, 8:48:09 AM, Tony wrote:

>> Anyone know what the newsonmsnbc.com link is trying to do?

> Not sure but here is the whois output:

<snip>

Thanks for the info - I did get the info also. Apparently they are the
same folks that register a couple of domains a day, probably to avoid
filters.

> So, something to do with the Ukraine, with authoritative domain servers
> in Russia!

> If you lookup the IP addresses of www.newsonmsnbc.com you get 4
> addresses. Two of them have a country code of PT and one of them is in
> Russia.

> I wouldn't go near it personally.

Agreed - and that was NOT my intent! It was a mistake, and I'm trying
to find out how I can tell if they were even partially successful.

--

 rikona