security of the universe repository

Chandra Amarasingham camarasingham at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 08:36:58 UTC 2012

I guess there would be malware scanners on the repo servers...but the
kind of malicious code we are talking about probably would not
recognized by scanners? kind of once off code stealthily injected into a
code base?  somewhere in the stream of contributions?

but this is not really confined to open source, it could also happen in
proprietary software by a company employee I guess....

Chandra