ubuntu hangs while shutting down

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:50:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
> Tapas Mishra wrote:
>> I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and when I shut it down sudo reboot it hangs
>> while shutting down.
>> I observed for more than 30 minutes and it could not still shut down.
>> What should I check?
>
> Do you know how far it gets through the shutdown? Are there any
> messages on the screen at the time?
>
> Generally, /var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg are
> not unreasonable places ot start looking.

ok I checked I know there should be a file /var/log/messages but this
file does not exist on my
system  don't know what might be broken any hint here will be helpful....

while I wanted to pastebin the file /var/log/syslog I got a message
permission denied
cat syslog > pastebinit
bash: pastebinit: Permission denied

any how pastebinit -f syslog worked and here is the output of syslog
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1447778/
and dmesg is here
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1447782/
I am not sure as to what might be wrong in above two logs