firefox not using acroread

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 21:41:01 UTC 2012

2012/12/16 NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>:
> On 12/16/2012 12:51 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>> 2012/12/16 rikona <rikona at sonic.net>:
>>> In 10.04 I use 'Document Viewer' - works pretty well.
>>

>> I have always preferred Evince (”Document Viewer”) over Acrobat
>> Reader. One of the reasons is that you can fill in a form and save it
>> with Evince, which is something that I need to do sometimes. But that
>> has, of course, nothing to do with this…
>
> Unless you expect that form to be readable in acroread, etc. If so then
> you are out of luck:
>
> "https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/897322"
> [PDF saved forms are not compatible with Adobe Reader]
>
> Gene is using 10.04, so he will have the forms issue with evince (and
> okular, and anything else that uses poppler less than 0.20.

Well, better being able to save fill in a form and save it, than not
being able to at all. I heard of that bug though, and even if it
doesn't affect me (since I don't use Acrobat Reader anyway, and I
don't send those files anywhere), it's nice to hear that the bug seems
to be fixed now, so maybe this is not an issue next time I upgrade
Ubuntu (to 14.04).

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ