Ctrl+Alt+Fx TTY black screen and firefox freeze and slow in ubuntu 12.04 with nvidia-current graphica driver

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Tue Dec 11 19:51:12 UTC 2012

I just found out:

It is important to always have the latest nvidia driver installed.

I tried:

Nvidia-current (TTY gave black screen and firefox freeze)

Nvidia-173 (TTY ok but firefox very slow)

Nvidia-173-updates (TTY ok and firefox very slow)

Then I installed Nvidia-current-updates and now my system seems to work
properly.

I always use synaptic packet packet manager as I find it gives very good
overview.

I think there is too little information about the importance of the
proper graphics cards drivers version installed?