Screwed up apt database I think FIXED

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 10 23:00:00 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 12:49 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 10 December 2012 15:47:19 NoOp did opine:
>
>> On 12/10/2012 11:40 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>> > I went thru the /var/dpkg/info files and nuked every entry that
>> > referenced those files & that was quite a project, those files are
>> > huge, but synaptic is now happy except for a missing key from the
>> > freecad repo site.
>> >
>> > That isn't a ubuntu problem and I can live with that.
>>
>> You could install the repo version:
>>
>> $ apt-cache policy freecad
>> freecad:
>>   Installed: 0.12.5284-dfsg-5ubuntu1
>>   Candidate: 0.12.5284-dfsg-5ubuntu1
>>   Version table:
>>  *** 0.12.5284-dfsg-5ubuntu1 0
>>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386
>> Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Sure I could, its only 3 years out of date!  This package is being VERY
> frequently updated, with 1-3 updates a week.

Really? The stable version? If you are getting 1-3 updates per week you
are probably using Daily's?:

<https://launchpad.net/~freecad-maintainers/+archive/freecad-daily>

 Regarding 3 years out of date:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-cad/files/FreeCAD%20Linux/

012 wasn't available in Nov 2011:
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/free-cad/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1868>
0.12 was releasted in Dec 2011 (it appears that they start with Windows
versions first):
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/free-cad/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2058>

0.13 (unstable) ~Feb 2012:
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/free-cad/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2304>
Feature freeze for 0.13:
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/free-cad/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3257>
And after release 0.13 will be available here:
<https://launchpad.net/~freecad-maintainers/+archive/freecad-stable>

So it appears to me that the stable repo versions are pretty much up to
date from 12.04 onward:
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freecad>
Upstream:
<https://launchpad.net/freecad/+packages>