Terminal on 12.04?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 7 21:12:02 UTC 2012

On 7 December 2012 21:06, Bob Hickey <hickster711 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed ubuntu 12.04 and I can't even find my way into a terminal
> to try to get rid of Unity and back into Gnome. Little help? Thanx.

Hit the Windows or Super key to bring up the Dash, then type terminal
(in fact you only need to type a few characters till the terminal
appears as the first hit), then hit Enter, or click it if you prefer.
Now that you see how easy it is to find applications please try Unity
for a while to see if you like it once you get used to it.

Alternatively you can hit Ctrl+Alt+T which is even easier.

Even if you don't want to use Unity I advise against actually removing
it, just add whichever desktop you prefer and select that at the logon
screen.

Colin