Has anyone seen anything about a release date for Linux Mint 14 64 Bit with KDE?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:23:35 UTC 2012

On 6 December 2012 08:44, James R McKenzie <jimmckenzie at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I've tried both the Cinnamon & Mate releases. Still don't anything about them. Also tried manually installing KDE into them and have had no good results. Video Driver Issues with both variants. Wonder if they'll be straightened out if/when the KDE flavor comes out?
>
> If anyone knows anything please post infos here ASAP.

This is not really the place for Mint questions.

Mint seems to be trying to focus on the things that differentiate it
from Ubuntu in recent releases - specifically, the Cinnamon
(GNOME-3-based) and Maté (GNOME-2-based) desktops, neither of which
Ubuntu offers.

If you want an Ubuntu base with KDE on top, try Kubuntu.

Saying that, KDE releases of Mint usually significantly lag behind the
GNOME-family releases, as in by over a month, so it may be that it's
not out yet but will appear in due course.

There *is* a Mint mailing list - I'm on it - but it is deathly quiet.
Mint users seem to prefer the official fora - a shame as I detest web
fora myself.

Info here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=73603

Archives here:
http://librelist.com/browser/linuxmint/

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884