Auto-hiding the applications bar

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:00:56 UTC 2012

On 5 December 2012 21:50, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since your suggestion of how to do it in unity worked,
> then I must be using unity (without my being aware
> that that is so. It must be the default. As I said, this is my
> first installation of Ubuntu (12.10), and it seems to have
> defaulted to Unity.

Since you had said that this was a new install of Ubuntu 12.10 there
was not really a need for anyone to ask you which window manager you
were using as Unity is the window manager that 12.10 provides unless
you install something else.  It was just the fact that you said you
were using Gnome made me wonder whether in fact you had installed
gnome shell.

Colin