Auto-hiding the applications bar

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 5 21:25:19 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 05 December 2012 16:19:46 JD did opine:

> On 12/05/2012 01:59 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> OK, here goes:
> >>
> >> Running ubuntu 12.10 with latest updates.
> >
> > Since this is an interface question, which gui are you using? gnome,
> > kde, xfce etc etc.
>
> Gnome!

That leaves me out then.  I have 2 boxes running my milling machine and
lathe but that is 10.04.4 LTS, and the pager is always on it the toolbar
across the bottom of the screen for that release.  I have just enough kde
installed here to get kmail, on an otherwise identical install, so that's
what I have here also.  Setup for 10 workspaces.

> >> How can I force the apps menu bar on the left side of the screen to
> >> go into auto-hide once the pointer is moved away from it?

So obviously I will defer to the real gnome experts here, and there are
several.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Variables don't; constants aren't.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...