Lost Email

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 5 19:19:22 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 05:01 AM, terry at leetuckert.net wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I have moved from Kubuntu 11.10 to Ubuntu 12.04. I was using Kmail and made a
> backup of all that using akonaditray. I have the file but I am not able to
> import it into Kmail on Ubuntu 12.04. Does anyone have any pointers to help
> solve this problem?

I see that nobody has offered any helpful suggestions regarding your
problem. I do not use Kmail (nor KDE), but perhaps these might be of
some help:

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/Final/Kubuntu/Kmail2>
<http://userbase.kde.org/KMail>
<http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips>
<http://askubuntu.com/search?q=akonadi>
<http://askubuntu.com/search?q=kmail&submit=search>

Check to see if anokondi is installed & working:
$ akonadictl status

You could also install the KDE desktop:
$ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
and log into that to see if installing the kubuntu-desktop brought in
any missing dependencies required.